My last few-dozen posts have been about dragons, either my own or David Clement-Davies’ (whose crowd-funding project breached 100% today, HUZZAH!), but always dragons. As they say in Monty Python, “and now for something completely different.”
I’ve been doing a new exercise at the advice of John Green (author of The Fault in Our Stars). When you wake up in the morning, ask yourself what you are most excited about RIGHT NOW. Here are my examples:
1. Possible job interview next month for a San Francisco gig. Interesting work and good pay. I need both!
2. Getting involved in local cons. I’ve never been to a con, but I’m told they are great places for indie-authors to connect with readers.
3. Writing and editing my next two projects.
4. Seeing all of my friends on Friday.
5. Doing the Ice Bucket Challenge this weekend. I haven’t been nominated, but I’m going for it anyway!
Try this exercise! If anything, it accentuates the positive.